Nicolas Cage says all he knows about his involvement in the highly anticipated "The Expendables 2" is what he reads on the Internet -- but would "consider" a role in the film.
"I haven't really pursued that, I don't know much about it other than what I read on the Internet," Cage told reporters when asked about his involvement in the upcoming action movie.
Sylvester Stallone -- writer, director and star of the first "Expendables" -- set the Internet on fire earlier this week when he said he thought the sequel would feature Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme and "I think Nic Cage."
But Cage may have been, forgive me, a bit cagey with his answer Wednesday, as he did not outright confirm or deny he would be in the movie.
"Stallone is someone I like and he's always been very friendly over the years, so I'd consider it," he said. "But I haven't had any formal discussions about it."
So as the articles states, I wouldn't call this a confirmation or denial on Cage's part. Just another one of those wait and see situations. I for one hope Nicolas Cage does join the film, I believe he has something to add and despite some of his recent lackluster acting choices, I've been a fan of his action films.
In other news, PWInsider is reporting that Mickey Rourke and STEVE AUSTIN have OFFICIALLY signed on for Expendables 2. This is interesting considering Steve Austin HIMSELF said he WOULDN'T BE in it. Now this is Expendables 2 were talking about and things change everyday but still take this with a HUGE GRAIN OF SALT. PWInsider lists no source so they could have pulled this out of the rumor bin. Mickey Rourke on the other hand, we still haven't got a 'completely official' confirmation on but I say he's 99.999999 percent in.
Once again, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE who alerted me to these articles. This site is for all of us to keep us all informed and I really appreciate you guys pitching in.
Steve Austin Has CONFIRMED Once Again VIA Twitter, He WILL NOT BE In Expendables 2!!!